Robert Kapusta, Jr.
Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tax and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Law
Robert Kapusta is an attorney practicing in Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tax and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Law with Battaglia, Ross, Dicus & McQuaid, P.A. He previously practiced with Fisher & Saul’s from 1987. He represents individuals and business entities in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, tax and estate planning, and business and corporate law. Kapusta received his Bachelor’s degree from Cornell University, his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law, and his Master of Laws (L.L.M.) degree in taxation from University of Florida College of Law. He is also a Certified Public Accountant. Kapusta is admitted to practice in all state of Florida courts.
When not practicing law, Kapusta volunteers his time and talents to foster local business growth and economic vitality, arts education and appreciation, and capital school improvements and educational programming opportunities in St. Petersburg through numerous leadership and civic activities. He received the H. Bernice (“Bernie”) Lodge Lay Person of the Year Award for 2008-2009 from the St. Petersburg Kiwanis Club and the “Hero Among Us” award in 2015 from the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation in recognition of his tireless community service.
Kapusta’s civic activities include:
- Chair – Executive Committee for the St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership
- BLUE Ocean Advisory Board Member
- Committee Chair – Tampa Bay Innovation Center (St. Petersburg Branch)
- Board of Governors – St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Steering Committee for Community and Economic Development Strategy for St. Petersburg
- Chair – Bill Edwards Foundation for the Performing Arts
- Board – Duncan McClellan DMG School Project
- Chair – Pinellas Educational Facilities Authority
- St. Petersburg Kiwanis Club
- Committee Member – Lutheran Church of the Cross
- Leadership St. Pete Class of 1992
- Past-Chair of the Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association Past-Chair- First Friday Program for the Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association
- Past-President of the Mahaffey Theater Foundation
- Past-Chair- Board of Directors for the Lutheran Church of the Cross Day School
- Past-Member of the President’s Associates at Eckerd College
- Past-Member of the Board of the St. Petersburg Opera Foundation
- Past-Member of SunCoasters
Kapusta has an A-V rating in Martindale-Hubbell and has served as President of the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation and Treasurer of the St. Petersburg Bar Association. He is married with three children.
Awards & Recognitions
Robert Kapusta practices in the areas of Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tax and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Law
Business & Corporate Law
Real Estate Law
J.D. Stetson University College of Law
Master of Laws (L.L.M. in Taxation): University of Florida College of Law
B.S. Hotel Administration: Cornell University
Associations & Memberships
St. Petersburg Bar Association; Tax Section of The Florida Bar.
St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce – Young Professionals (Member)
Lutheran Church of the Cross Day School Board of Directors
Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association
Red Cross Planned Giving Committee
Suncoast Estate Planning Council
Executive Committee, St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership